Saturday 26 January 2019

Crashing out and crashing in again

It's nearly February and I've neglected this blog and seem to be busy with Facebook instead. There is such a mess going on in the UK as they get ready to crash out of the EU thanks to an unbelievably idiotic referendum and the tory PM believing that a corrupt referendom is written in stone that I keep on posting articles and cartoons for friends to read if they can be bothered..
I had to scratch from the November novel writing competition because I was pressurizing myself to finsh and not really getting anywhere. I did eventually finish the book and its in teh link list to the right of this text.
I then had 2 weeks of sleepless nights because I plot myself to sleep and write what I've thought up next day except that I was totally devoid of plot!
Three days ago I was looking through old files for somethng that might start a book and actually found a short story I wrote donkey's years ago but never really finished, and that triggered a new novel that I am working on now.
Writing is therapeutic, of course. The time-passing is mind-boggling. Sometimes I work for 5 hours without a pause, especically in the evening. Even if the result is trash in most people's opinion, I enjoy myself and I enjoy reading them later. Publication? For that I'd need an editor and an agent. Hard to come by and vanity publishing is not my thing, so it' all just the organized passing of time, I suppose, like all the embroidered table clothes, knitted jumpers, crocheted mats, doodles and anything that is enjoyable and not too laborious. ...
Back to the book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment