Wednesday 21 November 2018

Time to move on

I was going to entitle this post "Worn out", but that's too near the knuckle to describe oneself.
However, I am grinding to a halt with the 13th in my series of novels that started with a short story  about a piano teacher (Miss Price) as long ago as 1991! Unbelievable, that. I am now much older than the erstwhile heroine of those stories and - I finally have to admit it to myself - ready to move on ir is it out?.

The 13th epistle "Lucky 13" (not a coincidence, that title) is a struggle and I'm not sure I even want to finish it, though I probably will because the original plot is quite good.

HERE you can find the chapters I have already posted:.

I should have known better. My 12th novel in this series was already a struggle, not least because I have over the years destroyed some of the main characters. It seemed a good idea at the time, but creating new characters to replace them has been a struggle. I finished the last novel on October 26th after a long summer break when I was not at home and unable to get any continuity into my writing. But I can't come up with this argument now. I'm at home and have nothing else do that won't wait. Maybe I should write a bit more now, though I have already written over 4000 words this morning and need a break - not least to make decisions about what is to come next. I have ideas, but they have to be workable. All the posted novels are at various stages of revision. That's another problem. I need an editor but can't afford to pay for one...

On this blog page you can follow the link to any of the novels, They are numbered in order of their genesis..

No comments:

Post a Comment