Tuesday 5 July 2011

I'm not really sure....

....how many blogs I really need. At the moment there are rather a lot. The idea was to separate writing from painting, but I'm not sure if I'm getting it right. I think this blog is just for general purposes, whereas my painting is here and my writing is here. At the moment my writing is on the back burner. I've been trying to writing a new book with the characters from a book about a fictional village in England (not Wales), but distracted by other activities including painting and chorus events.

I was born spitting distance from the border between England and Wales and though I love wales and tell everyone I'm Welsh first and British second, I don't think I'm typical Welsh, unless you mean my singing, but I share this talent with many Welsh people. There is no male chorus like a Welsh male chorus (try YouTube for examples) and at any one time many of the popular singers will be Welsh or of Welsh descent.

English is my first language and yes, there are still a lot of people who speak Welsh. My father did not speak any English until he was 14 years old - but that's a long time ago. I now spend very little time in Wales. When I visit the UK, my stopovers are almost all in England. But if I had the choice, I'd love to live somewhere near the sea, in Wales. Perchance to dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment