Thursday 9 September 2010

Happiness is...

...when lots of people download one's writings!

I recently added a freebie play on obooko, available here. I think I've already mentioned that you need to register if you want to download, but that's only to keep track of events and does not cost anything or have any repercussions!

 I had hope to upload a second play by now, but I first have to translate it from the original German and I think I really did capture the German mentality because it's hard to capture the essence of it in English. I wouldn't describe the play as comedy, although that's what it is technically. It isn't humorous despite a series of short, quite amusing situations because it's about quite a serious topic: offloading elderly relatives, which is starting to creep up on me as I get older and wonder what will happen to me if I survive long enough to care. But I'll keep going till the end, which means short sharp sessions between long translating bouts, and as a new project is also on the horizon, things are really getting busy round here. 

I came across a story fragment while looking for something else. Unfortunately I must have just dived (dove?) in without any kind of plan and I have no idea what was going to happen next. On the other hand, it may be finished as it is. I'll let you judge. Go to my special writing blog to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment