Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday and no end of work still to do....

........ for the exhibition. Time is getting really short now. Every painting has to be equipped with wire to attach to the hooks hanging from the ceiling. I tried synthetic cord last time, but it stretched with the weight of the paintings, so now I use flower wire. That's very thin, coated wire which does not break easily and takes quite a lot of pressure to cut with a pair of scissors. It has the added quality of being very cheap to buy. This is attached to special hinges which are hammered into the stretchers about 10-15 centimeters from the top. The result is very good. A painting can be adjusted until it is straight.  Wider painting are attached to two hanging hooks. Even wider ones have a double set of wires.Only the very large paintings will be hung on hooks that are screwed in for safety. I'll take everything with me to the venue, so I can change anything that needs attention.

I'd better get back to work. Some of the paintings need retouching after storage. Nothing drastic. Mainly edges and probably a coat of varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment