Tuesday 4 November 2014

Not another November?

I'm grateful for all the Novembers I've been privileged to live through. The weather is bleaker than in August, but bearable. All weather is bearable if you are wearing the appropriate clothes! I say that here in a temperate zone, of course. I don't think I would say that if I lived in the tropics.



Another good thing about November is that it's still too soon for Xmas shopping, even if the shops have been decorating their edifices since September. In fact, I don't like Xmas shopping at all. The crowds are noisy and inconvenient, and you can't drive anywhere after the shops open because the parking spaces have all been claimed. worse still, I always have trouble finding anything suitable to give anyone, so I may capitulate again and order calenders with some of my artwork on them, though I've only been drawing lately!

A positively good thing about November is that I try to write a novel in the 30 day. I managed it in 2012 and 2013 and this spring I wrote one without a deadline. I enjoy writing for the sake of it. The current novel is called 'Too Many Cooks?

I will publish my opus chapter by chapter. This helps me to organize my writing, but it does not replace the revising that will be needed and is really only for me! I now have an assistant, but he's more interested in the drawings.


Geordie - little helper and shadow catcher