Sunday 14 April 2013

Picasso's bulls

I can't believe it's 6 weeks since I updated this blog. But my art activity has been mainly dynamic doodling and the results thereof are on the appropriate blogs!

Looking for an idea, I thought of Picasso's Harlequin patterns and made a mandala expressing that inspiration.
Harlequin mandala

Then I thought more about Picasso. For art doodling you usually take what's known as a string. That's an outline. You stick to it, or you don't. Here's an example:

string for bits n pieces #2 (A4)

bits n pieces #2

You can see that the string disappeared partly, the drawing is upside down to the string, and what was left of the string is no longer visible.

My next challenge will be to take one of Picasso's bulls as an outline - more or less, probably simplified even beyond where Picasso landed! I think the third version is probably the best for doodling!





What Picasso saw!
one



two

three



No comments:

Post a Comment