The moon painting has taken a step forward and will be finished after one or two more session.
This is what it looks like now:
|many moons ago II stage 5|
Talking about stages:
1. Painted a very pink, mottled background
2. Added a thick gel medium with a comb in places
3. Mapped out the large moon by painting around a paper plate and did some glazing
4. Added the small moons using a plastic lid to paint around, shaded them and developed the surrounding colours
5. Added shadows to the moons and did some work on the large areas
6. Hung it on the wall where I can see it all the time. It is too dark, though it glows.