Wednesday 22 August 2012

Life after Doreen

Nothing much seems to be happening in my life, so I'll talk about plants.

Amazing, really. Some of the other plants have perked up no end after Doreen's umbrella-like foliage was removed.


One is an awesome sunflower that has 4 flowers blooming and a couple more queuing up on the same stem.

 And just look at this hibiscus - the first flower on a new plant. Amazing!



The 14 gourds Doreen produced (I threw some out) are now hopefully drying out.


I suppose they could have grown a bit bigger, but with the really hot weather we've had recently, I don't think the plant would have survived to nourish them.

So that summer fairytale is over. I'm now hoping that some of the tomatoes on plants buckling with the weight of them will actually become edible.

I'm trying to keep up with some of the other blogs, but maybe I should think about merging them!

No comments:

Post a Comment