Sunday 5 August 2012

Been procrastinating again

I was so frustrated with my painting last week that finding the "zentangle" was definitely in the nick of time (see previous post). Two large, wide format abstracts were propped up against a wall for 2 weeks until I finally decided to get rid of at least one of them. It is now a buttery cream colour and has the makings of a very large bird on it. Here's the sketch. No claims to achievement, but I love this bird (a shoebilled stork) and hope to make something of the idea in due course! I don't know why the bird is blue here. I painted it black and white over charcoal! I think its legs are too short!














The second painting has survived so far, but I'm not sure how much longer!








Maybe drawing tangles will lead to new ideas for big paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment