Saturday 2 June 2012

Back to normal

Quite out of the blue, my eagerness to paint has returned with a vengeance. I have lot of half finished paintings I hope will get some attention. It has been a perennial problem for me that I get to a point where I don't know what to do next and the painting is put out of sight (and mind), sometimes for years.
Here are some of the paintings I've been working on. If "unfinished" is written on one, it is unfinished! Not false modesty. I am using oil glazes to finish all the paintings started with acrylics - except for the lantern, which I blocked in with pastels, but it needed corrections so is going take longer to paint. I think the robin painting is actually finished!






The photo of the lantern on the left is the pastel sketch. The painting is now blocked in water-mixable oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment