Monday 23 August 2010

"Cold Comfort.....

....Farm" is the book I was reading and have now finished. It petered out rather towards the end as many books do. Disappointing. As if the author was trying to finish to a deadline or something. But at least I finished it. When Harry Potter was all the rage in Germany I thought I'd better read some of it, even though I'm not into kiddies' books. I can't really understand why adults like such stories, though the films are spectacular (well, the 10 minutes or so I watched before it got on my nerves was). Anyway, I bought the first HP (not the sauce or the beans), which was a surprisingly thin little book compared with the later ones. I swear I got to exactly page 28 three nights in a row before dropping the book and going to sleep. Then I gave up. I'm not knocking the ideas and certainly not the success of those books. Great, if you can get it. But not for me. I used to be terrified reading Alice in Wonderland. I had nightmares about Alice's neck getting longer and longer - that's another book I never finished. Oh, there are so many......

No comments:

Post a Comment